If you’re looking for the most delicious and the highest quality South Australian produce around, look no further than the Adelaide Central Market. 148 years young, the Market is home to over 80 traders under one roof. There is nothing better than bread straight out of oven or the smell of coffee brewing at 7am on Saturday morning when the market is buzzing with activity.
These are our top 5 market finds:
1. The beautiful array of cheeses on display at Say Cheese. Crumbly blue, smelly washed rinds, gooey bries, fluffy ricottas. The hand labeled English Stilton Pots are the perfect gift.
2. House of Organics and Sustainably Grown Produce offer possibly the largest and best variety of fruit and vegetables in the Market. With a focus on local producers, owner Bill Howison deals ‘grower direct’ to source seasonal local fruit from smaller orchards with better variety.
3. The Grind @ Central This small family business was the first coffee bean retail outlet in the Central Market and they pride themselves on their self-roasted coffee beans, as well as their superb coffee knowledge. You can’t go past their signature blend Supa Crema.
4. Three – generation family-run business Marino Meat and Food Store has absolutely everything you need for that next gourmet BBQ feast. Their goal is to produce specialty meats from traditional recipes, that we know you’ll love.
5. Trust us when we say you won’t find a better panini for lunch than at Charcuterie Traiteur. Introduced to let visitors taste their produce, these paninis are now market famous. Specialising in classic charcuterie items – sausages, preserved meats and smoked fish – along with very carefully selected cheeses, look no further than Charcuterie Trader for your next antipasto plate.