Renovation rewards for a family seeking links to schools, the coast & city.
If only the 1950s could see it now. One family, two generations, and 40 years on, the care, attention and upgrades are tangible and its future family investment value – just 7kms from town – immediately evident.
Take for one this stone-fronted, three-bedroom home’s tree-lined trajectory to Castle Plaza, Pasadena Green, proximity to the eastern suburbs and Glenelg, with direct Edward Street bus routes to Mercedes, Concordia and Loreto Colleges.
Then take in the fresh as today renovation, completed in 2007, opening the home to a powder white palette, premium floating floorboards, 2pac Packers wardrobes to all recarpeted bedrooms, 2pac kitchen, laundry, new cornicing and electrical.
The quality kitchen hosts in all directions from its central hub with soft close drawers, granite worktops, Miele dishwasher, Smeg rangehood and 900mm Omega gas cooktop and oven.
Open plan living succeeds in that highly prized lifestyle blend of indoors and out working hand in hand with its family zone bi-folding doors – doors that peel back to let the north-facing sun invade all areas, and the masses spill out in multiples at a time.
From a heart as wide as its bi-folds, the outdoors sprawl from a generous timber deck to a rotunda style alfresco feeding light from all angles, to irrigated lawns and gardens edging a two-car carport and garage equipped with work bench.
Each bedroom is sized to please with storage to satisfy, and in touch with the family bathroom nestled in between.
Swivel on the spot and discover what Cumberland Park presents – easy access to the city and coast, Flinders Uni, even Mitcham Shopping Centre – and the notion that this home is fit for another generation yet…
– C1950s renovated family home on some 765sqm (approx.)
– Automated underground watering system (including lawns)
– Extensive north-facing rear deck & all-weather alfresco
– Rear Centor bi-fold doors with integrated screens to family room
– Fujitsu ducted reverse cycle air conditioning
– Decorative fireplace to main living
– Security shutter on western side of house
– Alarm system with front & rear controls
– NBN connected & Foxtel ready (cable)
– Laundry, WC & garage storage
– Merlin automatic roller door
– 2 car carport + 1 car garage (built 1999)
– Double brick rear addition (1987)
– Gutters replaced (1995)
– Bathroom upgraded (2000)
– Zoned to Westbourne Park Primary School
– Moments to Edwardstown Primary & Cabra Dominican College
CT / 5675/709
Council / City of Mitcham
Zoning / R(CP)’8
Built / 1950
Land / 765m2
Frontage / 17.98m
Council Rates / $1834.60pa
SA Water / $229.12pq
ES Levy / $152.80pa
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.