‘Avoca on York’; where a turn of the century treasure meets Henley’s Square and sea…
Avoca – which means ‘meeting of the waters’ – is an apt name for a 1908-built sandstone villa that takes its proud Henley history and serves it so beautifully just metres from the Square and sands of what is now without doubt Adelaide’s coastal hot spot.
Set on the high side of York Street and some 630sqm of a bore-fed block with prized rear lane access and the scope to welcome an extension, it’s no wonder this 3-bedroom treasure has stayed in the one family for 60 years.
And when you see its original return verandah, colourful leadlight, 3.5m-high decorative ceilings, pronounced architraves, ornate fireplaces and polished pine floors; it’s clear that time has been very kind to ‘Avoca’.
With a central formal lounge/dining room, casual lounge room, three equally sized bedrooms, lean-to extension/sun-room and a central open-plan family zone and kitchen, there is a space for every mood and occasion.
Just as you can escape the perils of winter with a good book by an open fire, the family can abate that post beach swim hunger with a bite under the vine covered pergola of a serene, landscaped yard.
The same yard that would take a modern extension in its open stride and still leave room left over for the large, powered shed that stands today…and the instant rear lane car access you could easily instate tomorrow.
Whether it’s today, tomorrow or next year, you’ll always be able to tuck the beach towel under the arm and take the 1-minute walk from front door to the likes of Melt, Sea Salt, Estia and those sands.
Home is where Avoca meets the best of Henley Beach.
More reasons why we love this home:
– Nestled on a quiet street, just metres from the conveniences of Henley Square/Pavilion
– Exceptionally presented, inside and out
– Off street parking for 4+ cars with rear lane access
– Efficient split R/C, plus combustion fire and ceiling fans throughout
– 900mm freestanding oven/gas cooktop, walk-in pantry and dishwasher to spacious kitchen
– Power, concrete floors and lighting to large rear shed
– Bore allows you to feed your neatly presented gardens/lawns for free, all year round
– Crimsafe security screens/doors
– Close to a range of quality schools, including Henley High School and St Michael’s College
– Beautifully presented home with scope to extend
CT / 5785/474
Council / City of Charles Sturt
Zoning / RC’79
Built / 1895
Land / 628m2
Frontage / 15.24m
Council Rates / $2,086pa
SA Water / $250pq
ES Levy / $167pa
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition). Interested parties should make their own inquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.