The family-worthy Executive residence in tightly held Hawthorn with your name on it
Set on a generous family-sized allotment of 907m2, this meticulously updated 1920’s sandstone bungalow of heroic proportions might just be the forever home you’ve been patiently waiting for.
Hardly recognisable from the street since the current owners began to make their mark in 2017, number forty-three has progressed leaps and bounds in street appeal. Landscaped to perfection from front to rear, the façade completes its impression on William behind a new perfect picket fence and fresh paintwork.
In a timeless layout that’s hard to beat, find an expansive central hallway that guides you along polished floors to the open-plan extension. You’ll love the flexibility of five bedrooms PLUS a formal lounge and dedicated study under the main roof.
Versatile and endlessly comfortable, experience an executive residence dancing between charming original features and modern comfort – from epic ceiling roses, to new plantation shutters.
In keeping with updates that nod to the heritage-worthy bones of the home, the entire interior has enjoyed fresh paintwork. Four bedrooms include practical built-in robes, the four larger bedrooms enjoying lush new charcoal carpeting, while the fifth is perfectly placed to create a second ensuite and a walk-in for another lucky inhabitant.
Meanwhile, the cavernous tiled rear extension is ready to set the scene for family entertainment. Lofty 3.2m ceilings and soaring windows overlooking the Alfresco dining maximise natural light, while a modern and surprisingly spacious kitchen becomes the everyday engine room for feeding the masses.
Alongside a beloved lawn perfect for backyard cricket and four-legged friends, find an enormous powered garage worthy of your prized toys and tools – perhaps one day a pool house?
Ideally located on a wide, quiet street in close proximity to a wide range of quality schools, there’s absolutely nothing left for you to do. This sought-after Hawthorn location is ready to be filled with a new modern family for the coming decade.
Luxe features to love:
– Zoned reverse cycle ducted A/C throughout
– Designer stainless steel appliances, large pantry, plus plenty of counter and cupboard space
– Elegant fully-tiled main bathroom with bath, plus spacious dual access ensuite
– Secure and private fencing, including electronic gates to the driveway and side gate with keypad lock
– Powered four car garage with driveway access and workshop, recently repainted, rendered and bifold doors added
– Cost saving solar panels
– Walking distance to Mitcham Shopping Centre, Wallis Cinemas, the Pantry on Egmont, Foodland, and nearby Goodlife Health Clubs
– A short ten minute drive to the CBD, seconds from easy access public transport along Belair road, plus nearby Mitcham train station for the city commute
– Surrounded by high calibre schools including Scotch College, Mercedes College, Concordia, College, Immanuel College, Unley High, and more
CT / 5827/13
Council / City of Mitcham
Zoning / R(CP)/9
Built / 1920
Land / 907m2
Frontage / 15.24m
Council Rates / $3025.95pa
SA Water / $320.38pq
ES Levy / $221.35pa
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own inquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.