The Hurren-designed ode to another era so special…it’s like nothing else in Somerton Park.
Welcome to what is surely one of Pauline Hurren’s greatest triumphs and the ultimate tribute to the stone-smothered manors of a bygone era, in the last place you’d expect to find it…
Just 300 metres from the beach.
Built in 1997 – much of it with hand-picked Kanmantoo stone – the Hills meets the sea in a 4-bedroom home with un-relenting quality, intricate detailing, high-end technology and a bright future in the sought zone of Brighton Secondary School.
So imposing beyond the handmade wrought iron gates and gorgeous gardens at its feet, this ode to the Victorian era greets like nothing else in Somerton Park…
The elegant entry foyer is the fork in the road; turn right to see the guest wing with upgraded bathroom with freestanding bath and spacious bedrooms, each with walk-in robes and French door access to the world outside.
Turn left to discover a sitting room, walk-in robe, and an ensuite with marble vanity and its own access to a ‘secret garden’. Welcome to the master.
Follow the heated travertine floors below soaring 4m-high ceilings and stop to admire the library with shelving and a ladder for those hard-to-reach leather bounds.
It all reaches its beautiful crescendo where a French provincial kitchen – with Granite tops and Gaggenau appliances – meets three living zones, including a conservatory with windowed ceilings for starry nights.
Wisterias hug an alfresco pergola of a rear yard with fruit trees, access to a second double garage (with games room/refrigerated wine room/workshop), and the sense you could be in Tuscany…
The best of all worlds near the beach. It doesn’t get much better than this.
And there’s so much more:
– Just a 5-minute walk from Somerton Surf Life Saving Club
– 2x double garages (4 undercover parks in total) – both with remote entry and clearance for your boat/caravan
– Huge 18KW solar system
– Video intercom, security cameras and electronic gated entry
– Ducted evaporative cooling and under-floor heating
– Western red cedar window frames and trims throughout
– Intricately decorated cornices
– Fully integrated speaker system with Ipad connectivity, indoor and out
– Modern LED lighting throughout
– Automatic watering system to gardens
– Split R/C to games room/rumpus
– Storage galore – including attic to garage
– Full-height tiling, freestanding bath and heated towel rails to recently upgraded main bathroom
– 2000-bottle capacity to wine room
– Large separate laundry with provincial cabinetry and granite tops
– Instant gas hot water
– New carpets
CT / 5951/163
Council / City of Holdfast Bay
Zoning / R
Built / 1997
Land / 891m2
Frontage / 18.29m
Council Rates / $4,134.90pa
SA Water / $473.39pq
ES Levy / $315.20pa
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.