Stay for the long haul where the Heysen Trail meets a family home with more than meets the eye…
Bookended by two street frontages and forged of solid brick on a block of approximately 1720sqm of terraced, usable land, there’s so much more than meets the eye in this 4-bedroom home. With a surprise, self-contained studio/granny flat, half court tennis court and palpable potential, this property rests on the picturesque cusp of the Heysen Trail, opposite Woodhouse.
Enter via its official address and you’ll be greeted by a neat façade of exposed brick and colonial bay windows – the face of a robust, solar-powered home with multiple living zones, polished timber floors, and a study to go with those nicely-sized bedrooms.
A home of this era (built in 1970), in this condition, is as much a move-in ready haven for a growing family as it is the perfect candidate for some creative floorplan changes, to make it your own and further open it up.
Wait until you see how the rear family room (theres a large, bay-windowed version at the front too) not only overlooks a central, alfresco pavilion fit for a big Christmas lunch, but also a backyard made for magical childhoods.
Enter from Schocroft Avenue to see how the terraced rear yard rises to reveal a 3-bay, powered garage/workshop for toys and tools, more flat land in the form of that half-size tennis court with floodlighting, a chicken pen, veggie patches, a place for a fire pit, many fruit trees, and a couple of visiting koalas.
When children become teens, that separate studio – with kitchenette, R/C, bathroom and plenty of storage – will give them some much needed independence, as will it make a great money-spinner on AirBnB. More than meets the eye and so much to look forward to.
More reasons to love this home:
– Just thirteen minutes from the Tollgate
– Zoned for the ever-reputable Crafers Primary School
– En-suite and walk-in robe to master bedroom
– Largely self-sufficient thanks to more than 40,000L of rainwater storage (with rainwater to mains switch) and a 3.3KW solar system, with a 53-cent tariff to significantly reduce energy bills.
– Metres from the Heysen Trail, perfect for long weekend bushwalks
– Walking distance to the top of Mt Lofty and the Mt Lofty Botanic Gardens.
– Plenty of onsite parking to front and rear
– Two cosy, combustion fireplaces, split R/C in family room and studio, and zoned, off-peak ceiling heating in bedrooms, study, dining and living room.
– Instantaneous, gas hot water, gas stove and electric oven
– Beautifully presented gardens with a range of established fruit and nut trees (including pear, plum, peach, apricot, nectarine, lime, lemon, tangello, fig, quince, feijoa, kiwi fruit, raspberries, pomegranate, avocado and walnut). A wide variety of vegetables includes artichokes, asparagus and salad veggies. Puratap and dishwasher to super-functional solid timber kitchen
– And many more.
CT / 5772/343
Council / City of Adelaide Hills
Zoning / CL
Built / 1970
Land / 1722m2
Council Rates/ $2048pa
SA Water/ $904pa approx
Nearby Schools / Crafers Primary School, Uraidla P.S, Aldgate P.S, Bridgewater P.S, Heathfield High School, Oakbank Area School, Urrbrae Agricultural H.S
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own inquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.