Solar Passive Design – Energy Efficient – Reserve at Rear – Built 2017
North orientated living areas with high double glazed windows throughout overlooking the beautifully established backyard that has shaded lawn play areas, brick paved paths and garden beds.
Open plan kitchen/dining/family room with floating English Oak timber floor, island bench, gas cooker and stunning natural light.
The entire home featuring double glazed windows keeping it cool in summer and warm in the winter months.
The library installed with a split system easily becomes second living area or home theatre.
Four generous bedrooms all have built in robes, split system air conditioning and the main has an ensuite bathroom.
Superb location just a few hundred meters to Hawthorndene Kindergarten, Hawthorndene Primary School, the local park and creek, GD’s Fruit and Veg, and a bus stop to Blackwood/city
Solar passive/eco features
– 20,500L rainwater tank
– All windows and sliding doors are commercial grade double glazing, filled with Argon
– North-oriented living areas and backyard with reserve at the rear
– Eave widths calculated to allow Winter sun to enter and to block Summer sun
– Clerestory windows with electric actuators allow Winter sun to enter
– R2.5 insulation to all external and R2.0 insulation to internal walls
– R7.7 insulation to ceilings (including Thermalbrane roof blanket)
– Vapour permeable membrane on perimeter of house (Brane VHP)
– Low VOC paint
– Thermal mass wall in living area to capture heat from sunlight in winter
– All exhausts ducted to outside with baffles to prevent air leakage
– No downlights or ductwork in ceiling (no penetrations in insulation)
– Low pitch roof provides smaller surface area for reduced heat gain in summer
– Colorbond Surfmist roof has lowest possible solar absorptance (only absorbs 32% of incoming solar radiation)
– Light coloured bricks to reduce solar absorptance
– Carport shades western wall
– 12 solar panels
– Skydrop watering system (internet connected and waters automatically according to the weather forecast, managed through Smart Phone app).
– Mature trees provide heavy shade throughout the day in summer
– Thermal block curtains to all windows and sliding doors
For details call Peter Alexandrou 08 8278 5122 mobile: 0412 833 501 email: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop into Harris Real Estate 208 Main Road, Blackwood
CT / 5149/923
Council / City of Mitcham
Zoning / R(H)
Built / 2017
Land / 1168m2
Frontage / 26.82m
Council Rates / $169.65pa
SA Water / $214.02pq
ES Levy / $143pa
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.