It’s one thing to extend a 1930s Tudor on a large block. It’s something else entirely when it gives a growing family and envious guests this kind of room to play, swim, cook, lounge around and simply live where leafy Lower Mitcham meets the likes of Scotch and Mercedes Colleges.
Credit must go to its long standing owners, who essentially doubled the original sandstone fronted home in the form of open-plan living and two extra double bedrooms – then put the ultimate entertainer’s exclamation mark on it all with a heated pool and alfresco pavilion/kitchen.
The end result is a consummate host that’s as versatile as it is proud of its original polished floors, lofty decorative ceilings and large light-filled spaces – including a front sitting room that could be a 5th bedroom.
The original bathroom was reassigned to ensuite duties for the spacious master at the front of the home together with an intelligent re-configuration of the previous second bedroom which provides a spacious walk-in-robe and study, both with integrated custom cabinetry.
A story of two halves, the extension flips the script to suddenly open everything right up where a JAG kitchen – boasting waterfalling Ceasarstone tops and European appliances – makes the ultimate statement in style and functionality.
Speaking of functional, wait until you slide open wide the stackable cafe doors; instantly connecting the extension to that pavilion – and those alternating between the BBQ and a magnesium pool with app-controlled jets and ambient lighting.
Also at your fingertips are Mitcham Square’s many conveniences – including cinema and supermarkets – to go with the likes of Mitcham and Colonel Light Gardens Primary Schools…
A Tudor is one thing. A Tudor in Lower Mitcham is something else entirely.
More reasons why we love this home:
– Ducted gas heating and evaporative cooling
– Electronic gated entry
– Lofty (3.2m) ceilings throughout
– Extra large double carport
– Electric heating to in-ground magnesium pool
– Stone paving and glass fencing to pool areas
– Down lighting, skylights and ceiling fans to pavilion
– Ceasarstone benchtops, BBQ and fridge to alfresco kitchen
– Beautifully presented landscaped gardens
– Large rear shed with concrete floors and power
– Storage galore, including built-in robes throughout and large linen press
– Rainwater tanks with combined 10,000L capacity
– Subsurface Irrigation to all lawns, with underground irrigation and lighting provision to all Garden Beds
– Built-in custom storage to study and master’s walk-in robe
– Ilve oven, Bosch integrated dishwasher and glass splashbacks to JAG kitchen
– Large separate laundry
– Security system – with back to base monitoring if required
– And so many more.
CT / 5606/428
Council / City of Mitcham
Zoning / R(CP)’8
Built / 1935
Land / 865m2
Frontage / 18.29m
Council Rates / $2538.80pa
SA Water / $280.67pq
ES Levy / $208.94pa
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition). Interested parties should make their own inquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.