12:00PM - 12:25PM
Saturday 15 June
‘Wendouree’; a handcrafted stone home with the scale and separate studio to match its setting…
Handcrafted of Carey Gully stone in 1950, ‘Wendouree’ – a 3-4-bedroom home with separate studio amongst a quaint setting on some 678sqm – has the charm to match its undoubted potential on the doorstep of Scotch and Mercedes Colleges.
Built over two levels to strike a captivating first impression behind private electronic gates, this much loved home has remained in the one family for some 34 years.
Eager to entertain on a light-filled lower level that optimises its north-facing orientation, every space seems to want to spill through a set of French doors and out to those gardens.
The lower level also features a spacious family room, study, a second living room (that could be a fourth bedroom), and a recently renovated eat-in kitchen with quality granite benchtops, stainless steel appliances and a dishwasher.
Head up the Tasmanian Oak staircase to a second level with a main family bathroom drenched in granite, and three bedrooms with built-in robes – including a master with private access to a 25sqm terrace.
The beautiful stone, the studio, the setting; the sum of its parts add up to what could be something pretty special – all wrapped up within moments of the schools and conveniences that make Netherby so sought-after. Welcome to ‘Wendouree’.
More reasons why we love this home:
– Detached studio with potential to add a bathroom and kitchen (subject to council consents)
– Reverse cycle air conditioning plus granite surround plasma heater in the living room
– Ambient lighting in the garden
– Granite flooring
– Close proximity to a range of cafes and restaurants and Mitcham Shopping Centre
– Walking distance to two local kindergartens, Mitcham Primary, Unley and Urrbrae High Schools, Mercedes and Scotch Colleges
– Public transport on Fullarton Road easy city reach
– Quick access to the freeway
– Solid stone keeps the home naturally warm and cool
– Solid steel art deco gates with keypad entry and video monitoring
– Double garage plus off-street parking for lots of extra vehicles
CT / 5785/376
Council / City of Mitcham
Zoning / R(CP)’8
Built / 1950
Land / 678m2
Frontage / 22.25m
Council Rates / $2242.30pa
SA Water / $263.49pq
ES Levy / $175.65pa
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.