11:30AM - 12:00PM
Saturday 06 March
06:45PM - 07:15PM
Tuesday 09 March
Look over the north east through a rare, beautiful mid-century lens with a bombshell at its rear…
Best offers by 12noon Tuesday the 23rd of March 2021 (Unless Sold Prior)
If the 180-degree view from its rooftop garden terrace isn’t enough to sweep you off your feet, then what lies within – and beyond – this multi-level celebration of all things mid-century certainly will in what is arguably Vale Park’s most intriguing proposition.
What at first glance is one of the most meticulously preserved pieces of 1950s architecture you’ll find on the market is in fact one of only two dwellings here; the other a fully-restored 2-bedroom barn.
That’s two homes for the price tag of one title – and the sudden realisation that your income could extend beyond your day job. See the current AirBnB listing for inspiration.
As for the main home, credit must go to the current owner, who not only considered herself the custodian of this rare suburban gem – but created the perfect 2017-built extension to go with it.
She knew that the world should never be deprived of the patterned lino floors, steel framed corner windows, stucco ceilings and terrazzo-smothered bathroom that punctuate a home with a different theme on every floor.
The notion that ‘they don’t make them like this anymore’ rings so true of a sun-kissed home made of besser block and concrete – all wrapped in a sea of white, to conjure something out of 1950s Hollywood.
That extension – an open-plan arena with a wall of north-facing bi-foldable glass and polished concrete -is subtly sympathetic and ultra modern in the same stone-smothered breath.
For fresh air and a view that stretches the north eastern foothills, the terrace – which spans some 60sqm, mimics the internal footprint of the home below and catches the full moon – is simply something else. This is pretty darn special.
More to love:
– Flexible floorplan with lounge, dining and media room to original section
– Expertly built – with concrete to each level
– Master bedroom finds refuge from bedrooms two and three on its own floor
– Carport with extra clearance for caravan/boat
– Onsite parking for at least three vehicles
– Mitred Ceasarstone benchtops/island, breakfast bar, Ilve appliances, dishwasher, and Italian imported tile splashbacks to striking kitchen
– Updated (2017) main bathroom to lower floor
– Efficient split R/C throughout
– Storage galore, including built-in robes to master bedroom and media room
– Custom plantation shutters throughout
– Beautifully presented/private rear garden with gas BBQ connection and rainwater tanks
– Space saving European style laundry
– Set on a quiet street within moments of the Linear/Torrens walking track
– Represents great value as a ‘second income’
– Perfect for happy tenants, short-term stays, or live-in grandparents
– Double brick, fully-restored home with two bedrooms
– Home includes updated kitchen, bathroom and large main living zone
– Efficient split R/C
– Storage galore – with mirrored built-in robes to both bedrooms
CT / 5033/595
Council / City of Walkerville
Zoning / R/9/
Built / 1955
Council Rates / $1,215pa
Strata Rates / $997.20pa
SA Water / $142.97pq
ES Levy / $108.50pa
Nearby Schools/ Vale Park P.S, Hampstead P.S, Open Access College, Open Access College Marden Campus, Charles Campbell College, Marden Senior College
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own inquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.