When the 1880s cottage casts a Pauline Hurren inspired spell on some 4500 magical square metres…
Please click the ‘External Link’ below for a 3D tour of the property on a desktop.
What began as a humble 1880s cottage and became something truly special the moment revered architect Pauline Hurren wove her customary magic was made even better by the parting gifts of its current owners.
The end result is an extended 3-bedroom Hills treasure with more charm than most, the scope for an AirBnB listing, one for the best bathrooms we’ve seen in some time, and a rare knack for making the outside world disappear.
Your new world is set over some 4500 gum-studded square metres on the very doorstep of Belair National Park’s many beautiful trails – a fitting setting for this unique abode smothered in earthy render.
Its evolution followed three phases – the final extension fashioned by Pauline – leaving you with an abode of multiple wings, one a 2-bedroom home-with-in-a-home. Simply reinstate the original kitchenette and it’s ready to go for anyone from paying guests to live-in grandparents.
With plumbing provisions and approved council plans in place – and available on request – phase four could be your doing; a double garage and connected workshop with combined dimensions nearing 60sqm.
In its entirety it’s a bonafide family home that draws everyone to its light-filled heart – where washed timbers, raked ceilings, expansive windows, quirky colour schemes and a solid timber kitchen give the warmest hug.
If you think the swoon-worthy Falcon 110cm vintage style oven is the best parting gift, you simply haven’t seen the bathroom in the master wing…
Taking relaxation to a whole new level, slide the expansive glass door to one side, step into the hammered copper and nickel claw bath that stands on colourful, heated artisan tiling; and soak up the world outside.
And what a world it is where your very own sauna, a vine covered patio like something out of Tuscany, a range of fruit trees, meandering paths, hammock, towering gums, and nooks and crannies combine to carry your worries away. Magic, indeed.
More reasons why we love this home:
– Electronic gated entry with Nest video intercom system
– Stone benchtops, pressed metal splashbacks and dishwasher to kitchen
– Ensuite to bedroom 2 and walk-in robe to master bedroom
– Large cellar for extra storage and/or your finest drops
– Flexible floorplan – with lounge room and dining room to original cottage
– Single lock-up garage, plus plenty of onsite parking
– Electronic privacy screen to ensuite
– Thick 15-inch freestone walls
– Western Red Cedar sash windows and French doors
– Split systems and cosy combustion fireplaces
– ‘Chicken coop, cubby and woodshed
– Natural stone flooring
– Connected to mains water
– Instant gas hot water system
– Plans approved for workshop/garage with plumbing provision available on request
– Semi irrigated veggie pots and a wide range for citrus/fruit trees
– Just metres from walking trails/entrance to National Park
– And so many more.
CT / 5413/209
Council / Mitcham
Zoning / HF//
Built / 1900
Land / 4494m2
Frontage / 82.07m
School Zones / Coromandel Valley P.S, Upper Sturt P.S, Hawthorndene P.S, Belair P.S, Heathfield H.S, Mitcham Girls H.S.
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own inquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.