01:00PM - 01:30PM
Saturday 07 December
11:00AM - 11:30AM
Sunday 08 December
06:00PM - 06:30PM
Wednesday 11 December
Open your eyes to a gentleman’s bungalow that looks to entertain through a wider, summer-loving lens…
Set back from East Parkway to make a statement on its spectacularly wide block of some 895sqm, it’s a fitting first impression for a gentleman’s bungalow with the functionality to match its extended footprint, pool and entertaining prowess – just moments from Mitcham Square and Scotch and Mercedes Colleges.
Seeing this 1920s-built home through such a wide lens puts a refreshing take on a home with the added bonus of a fully-lined separate studio to go with its multiple living zones and many creature comforts within.
Jarrah floors, leadlight windows, 3.2m-high ceilings and pronounced architraves say a regal hello in an original section that starts with two big bedrooms – one a master with walk-in robe and ensuite.
Suddenly, it all opens right up to reveal a central living zone that zeros in on the pool and pavilion of the rear – and two wings, each with very different uses in mind.
One wing hosts two bedrooms and a bathroom – and can be closed off from the rest of the house. Whereas the opposing wing welcomes movie nights with open, light-filled arms.
Of course it really is about meeting in the middle, where a recently updated kitchen – boasting Smeg’s Linear range of self-cleaning ovens, a Miele dishwasher, gas cooktop, storage galore elongated breakfast bar – summons the family in style.
When the temperature gauge rises, take the food and frivolity to an alfresco pavilion with cafe blinds and a front row seat to that in-ground solar heated pool. Hello, summer.
More reasons why we love this home:
– Large carport (fits two cars), plus plenty of onsite parking
– An efficient combination of ducted evaporative cooling, gas wall heating and split R/C
– Bathroom, kitchen provisions, split R/C and timber look flooring to architecturally clad studio/retreat
– Beautifully maintained, preserved and updated, inside and out
– Loads of storage options, including built-in robes and small under-floor cellar
– Beautifully presented gardens/lawns – with app-controlled automatic watering
– Large separate laundry
– Smeg multifunction pyrolytic 79L oven + 38L combi steam oven
– Workshop and garden shed
– Shade sails to rear
– NBN ready
– Zoned for Colonel Light Gardens Primary School
– Close access to City-Southern bus route for City/Flinders precinct and Goodwood Road
– Just a 2-minute drive from Mitcham Square shopping precinct
– And so many more
CT / 5815/121
Council / City of Mitcham
Zoning / SHA(CLG)
Built / 1926
Land / 920m2
Frontage / 25.15m
Council Rates / $2835.90pa
SA Water / $307.23pq
ES Levy / $541.55pa
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own inquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.