4 Clyde Street Parkside
A C1890 character cottage to extend your expectations and cleverly rise to any occasion…
After 27 years, an ingenious upper level extension, countless updates and so many amazing memories, this tightly held C1890 symmetrical cottage - with a penchant for entertaining and surprise rear access at its north-facing rear - leaves the tight grip of its adoring owners with its best days still ahead of it in the prized zone for Glenunga International High School.
In an efficient salute to the modern way of life, this solar-powered 4-bedroom home prioritises internal freedom and flexibility, without compromising its natural flair for pleasing a crowd and creating smooth flow from inside to out.
A series of bifold doors slide and swing open to make the Jarrah-decked alfresco pavilion - with electric retractable cafe blinds and a view to the outdoor BBQ kitchen - an all-weather, year-round extension of an internal footprint featuring a central library/sitting room to go with its boundless open-plan rear.
Grab a bottle from the wine room that hides under the staircase and share it with your other half while you dance (cook) around a kitchen with striking Ceasarstone benchtops/breakfast bar, shiny stainless steel appliances and loads of storage.
The same staircase that leads to a wonderfully engineered, sky-lit second level addition headlined by its two bedrooms, including a huge master with a walk-in robe and lavish ensuite.
The other bedroom also boasts a walk-in robe and could be the perfect baby nursery or parent's retreat.
Don't worry; the kids will be more than happy to claim the large bedrooms and two bathrooms of a sandstone original cottage that looks right at home on its quiet, leafy city fringe street. Your home.
- Enviable rear lane access (shared by only one other home) to lock-up two-car garage
- Fully renovated from top to toe
- Gorgeous double fronted sandstone facade with colourful leadlight windows
- Powerful 5KW solar system
- Ducted reverse cycle heating and cooling, plus four working fireplaces
- Impeccably presented original home with soaring ceilings
- Updates include bamboo floating floors
- Home office with built-in desk, plus separate hobby space
- Gas cooktop, built-in microwave and dishwasher
- Electric (with rain sensors) Velux skylights to upper level
- Storage galore, including large attic space and built-in robes to bedrooms 2, 3 and 4
- Wine room with 20 dozen bottle capacity
- Separate laundry
- Landscaped easy-care gardens
- Moments from cosmopolitan Unley and King William Roads
- Close to Foodland Frewville and Unley Shopping Centre
- Walking distance from public transport
- Within easy reach of Concordia College and Walford Anglican School for Girls
- And much more.
CT / 5086/695
Council / City of Unley
Zoning / Established Neighbourhood
Built / 1890
Land / 356m2
Frontage / 9.75m
Council Rates / $2,811.25pa
Emergency Services Levy / $468.10pa
SA Water / $301.19pq
Estimated rental assessment / $1200 - $1350 per week(Written rental assessment can be provided upon request)
Nearby Schools / Parkside P.S, Gilles Street P.S, Goodwood P.S, Glenunga International H.S, Mitcham Girls H.S, Urrbrae Agricultural H.S
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property's land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition). Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal and financial advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor's Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts. RLA | 226409
Share this property
Be the first to know. Sign up now for Harris Off-Market alerts to receive notification of Harris properties for sale that you won’t find on other websites.Set up Property Alerts
- Garage spaces: 2
Parkside suburb profile
Explore prices, growth, people and lifestyle in ParksideSuburb Profile