When a classic collides with a cool cathedral-esque extension on Cremorne…
A sandstone maisonette with the mod cons and extended room to move of larger family homes, this 3-bedroom charmer serves deceptive freedom on a low-maintenance platter and the quiet doorstep of Duthy Street.
What’s been in the one family for decades – and rented out for robust returns along the way – was extended in 2000 to almost double in size the original home.
And what an extension it is with its soaring timber-laden cathedral ceilings and just under 40sqm of space to dine, lounge and entertain with ease alongside a sleek kitchen.
With stone tops, 900mm freestanding stainless steel oven/gas cooktop, dishwasher, and plenty of storage space, the kitchen is a striking and super-functional conduit between the extension and original 1920s-built abode.
The lofty ceilings, polished Baltic pine floors and double bedrooms you expect from its era and ilk are all here in their perfectly preserved glory.
Each with built-in robes, it’s hard to differentiate each big and beautiful bedroom…until you discover the one with an updated ensuite. Welcome to the master.
What looks a treat at every turn lives like a dream thanks to bill reducing solar system, ducted cooling, 4-car carport and utter convenience within a walk of Unley Oval, Duthy’s ever-growing café scene and some of Adelaide best schools.
It must be Malvern.
And there’s more:
– Perfectly positioned on a quiet tree-lined street
– Beautifully presented gardens with automatic watering system and lawn for kids and pets
– Exposed brick and easy-care tile floors to extension
– Ducted evaporative cooling and single point gas heating
– Modern LED down lighting throughout
– Walk-in pantry and breakfast bar to kitchen
– Full-height tiling and frameless walk-in showers to updated bathrooms
– Recent rental rates of $550/week make it a sound investment
– Large picture windows and French doors – framed in western red cedar – to extension
– Close to a range of quality schools, including Unley Primary, Unley High, Walford Anglican, and Sunrise Christian Schools.
CT / 5601/466
Council / City of Unley
Zoning / RH(C)’SH6
Built / 1920
Land / 371m2
Frontage / 12.19m
Council Rates / $1609.55pa
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.