The beautiful 19th century bungalow that whisks you away on a rare big block and the quiet doorstep of a famous street
As you sit on the return verandah, a man passes on his horse while church bells ring in the distance. Welcome to 19th century bungalow that whisks you back in time, just moments from historical Hahndorf.
The 5-minute walk from that ionic main street is met with a 5-bedroom home that’s set far back from Molens Road to conjure a grandeur to match its 1770sqm (approx.) block.
That heart warming connection to the past – and a tight-knit community – comes with the modernities to make life easier and look better in a sandstone-fronted home headlined by a Blackwood timber kitchen and gargantuan living zone.
But first see how the original home – boasting five generous bedrooms, including a master with its own sitting room – is crisp and charismatic in the same beautiful breath.
Polished pine floors, fireplaces, lofty ceilings and a bathroom with a classic claw bath ensure that trip-back-in-time continues.
Congregate around the cook in a kitchen with wing-spreading space, stainless steel appliances, breakfast bar and views to the party-pleasing pergola.
If the kitchen is a hub to savour, then the living room – with raked timber ceilings and enough room for a pool table – is the perfect partner.
Christmas lunch is destined for outside, under that expansive pergola, surrounded by an English garden dotted with David Austin roses…
A little of bit of England meets a famous German-settled town in a magical slice of South Australia. Perfect
More reasons why we love this home:
– Walking distance from a range of quality schools, including Hahndorf and St. Michael’s Lutheran Primary Schools
– Still so quiet and peaceful despite its proximity to all the action
– Built-in robes, plus walk-in robe to bedroom five at rear
– Beautiful hedging to grand entrance with circular driveway
– Separate dining area – adjacent to kitchen
– Original bullnose verandah and sandstone façade
– Sheep graze next door and koalas often say hello
– Efficient split r/c and combustion fireplace
– Miele dishwasher, Delonghi oven and loads of bench and cupboard space to kitchen
– Onsite parking for 5+ cars
– And so many more.
CT / 6176/506
Council / City of Mount Barker
Zoning / T’21
Built / 1910
Land / 1767 m2
Frontage / 24.46 m
Council Rates / $2621pa
SA Water / $540pq
ES Levy / $188pa
The accuracy of this information cannot be guaranteed and all interested parties should seek independent advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction the vendor’s statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.