Saddle up and go off grid in God’s country and the architectural crowd pleaser with pool on some 50 acres…
Conceived by an award winner, powered by nature, surrounded by utter beauty on some 50 acres ready to saddle up for your horses and pool parties…
If this isn’t reason enough to go off the grid in God’s country, then we don’t know what is.
The current owners gave acclaimed architect Michael Noble the reins in 2006 to design a home with equal parts looks and efficient livability…
He delivered a classic federation-style farmhouse that not only makes the most of its soul-soothing north-facing views, but draws its bill-free energy from the wind and sun to power a home of some 433sqm of living space on a property with state-of-the-art horse facilities.
Mr. Noble’s greatest achievement here is perhaps the open-plan living area framed in solid timber floors, lofty cathedral-inspired ceilings and a sea of glass granting 180-degree sweeping valley views and instant access to a 127sqm deck hovering over that pool.
With solid timber tops, stainless steel appliances – including a double oven – bundles of concealed storage, glass splashbacks and prime position; the kitchen is another triumph at the head of multiple living zones.
Four double bedrooms, a study and sleek bathrooms with jarrah-topped vanities headline a floorplan of two wings; one for the kids and the other for you, where a master suite waits with walk-in robe and the best bathroom of all…
Soak a long day away in a spa bath with nothing but those views of a property with seven acres of hay paddocks, five horse paddocks, shedding galore, that 20x40m arena, four Magnus-made stables with day yards, tack room, bathroom, wash bay and breezeway.
‘Off grid’ doesn’t get any better.
More reasons why we love this home:
– Powerful 9.8KW solar system, 2KW wind turbine and 7.2KVA backup generator as well as a battery storage system
– Bore, 128,000L rainwater capacity, plus irrigation to surrounding gardens
– 2 dams
– Large 10x12m shed/workshop
– Electronic gated entry
– Large chook yard
– Electric fencing provisions
– Extra-high clearance to float shed
– Magnus 4 stable complex with day yards, tack room, wash bay, bathroom and kitchenette
– 40m x 20m Equitech surfaced arena
– Cattle yards with crush
– Solar hot water
– Double garage with remote Panelift entry
– Flexible floorplan with second lounge room and dining room with valley views
– Storage galore, including built-in robes to all bedrooms
– Ducted evaporative cooling
– 10ft ceilings
– Glazed, energy efficient windows framed in western red cedar
– Glass balustrading to in-ground pool
– And so many more.
CT / 5935/246
Council / City of Onkaparinga
Zoning / PRPRO’32
Built / 2005
Land / 50.3A
Council Rates / $2,018.95pa
ES Levy / $810.10pa
All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property’s land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice. Should this property be scheduled for auction, the Vendor’s Statement may be inspected at any Harris Real Estate office for 3 consecutive business days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts.